You’ll flex your problem-solving skills and employ Python’s many useful libraries to do things like:
– Help James Bond crack a high-tech safe with a hill-climbing algorithm
– Write haiku poems using Markov Chain Analysis
– Use genetic algorithms to breed a race of gigantic rats
– Crack the world’s most successful military cipher using cryptanalysis
– Derive the anagram, “I am Lord Voldemort” using linguistical sieves
– Plan your parents’ secure retirement with Monte Carlo simulation
– Save the sorceress Zatanna from a stabby death using palingrams
– Model the Milky Way and calculate our odds of detecting alien civilizations
– Help the world’s smartest woman win the Monty Hall problem argument
– Reveal Jupiter’s Great Red Spot using optical stacking
– Save the head of Mary, Queen of Scots with steganography
– Foil corporate security with invisible electronic ink
Simulate volcanoes, map Mars, and more, all while gaining valuable experience using free modules like Tkinter, matplotlib, Cprofile, Pylint, Pygame, Pillow, and Python-Docx.
Whether you’re looking to pick up some new Python skills or just need a pick-me-up, you’ll find endless educational, geeky fun with Impractical Python Projects.